Palazzo Trotti Marino was located at 15 Corso Como, Milan.
The 16th-century villa came to light after a building collapsed following the bombing of 13 August 1943.
“Built in the second half of the 16th century, as is clear from the stylistic features, the small palace had a very elegant loggia with five arches supported by svelte Ionic columns, above a low, massive ground floor (now partly buried due to a subsequent raising of the road surface) in the middle of which a rusticated portal presumably corresponded to a doorway with direct access to the gardens behind; in turn, at the back of the loggia, a beautiful portal opened up at the central arch [… ], while on the sides, two on each side of the axes of the other arches, four windows opened, surmounted by exquisitely crafted niches containing busts of warriors, in fantastic hairstyles, modelled in a manner full of characteristic and tasty whimsy [… ] This loggia supported a second floor with square windows, and the whole was, in turn, enclosed between two slightly projecting bodies, whose original architecture had clearly been altered to incorporate them into the wings of the 19th-century courtyard in which the building had been forced […]. [Rava]”
Although the building reappeared in excellent condition, it was not adequately shored.
This caused its final collapse following a snowfall in 1946.